Volume chart allows trader to see the stock trade volume in real time. Trader can add this study to their chart by right click the chart and select Study Config to open the study configure window first, then select the “Volume” from the study list and add it into the Studies In Chart field.
Volume Configure window allows user to modify the volume chart, such as change the chart types and chart colors. User can open this Volume Configure window either by click the “Config” button or double click the study “Volume” under Studies In Chart section.
· Chart Type: User can use the dropdown menu to change the chart type:
Ø Bar: Select this to use the bar chart.
Ø Line: Select this to use the Line chart.
Ø Area: Select this to use the Area chart.
· Color section allows user to modify the colors of the volume chart,
Ø Up Color: This color represents the price up volume in the bar chart.
Ø Down Color: This color represents the price down volume in the bar chart.
Ø No Border: Allows user to enable and disable the bar chart’s border.
Ø Border Line: This represent the border line’s color in Bar Chart, it also represent the line’s color for Line Chart and area’s color for Area Chart.
· Average Line Settings: Allows user to also add volume’s average line to the chart.
Ø Display Average Line: Allows user to enable and disable volume’s average line in the chart.
Ø Show Label: Allows user to add a label to the y-axis, which display the latest average volume in the study period.
Ø Periods: Enter the periods for the average line.
· Display Real Volume: Allows user to add a label to the y-axis, which display the real volume. And user can also change the label’s text color and background color by click on the text color field and the background color field.
· Display Up/Down Volume: Check off the box to separate the volume bar by price up and price down. (Hint, this is only for the bar chart.)